I recently discovered you can actually get a free iPhone from the government, and that too iPhone 12.
So I had to try and get it for myself and, I did.
In today’s post, I’ll share my experience getting a Free Government iPhone 12, not from an Apple store, but from government programs.
How to Get a Free Government iPhone 12
Follow these steps to get the free government iPhone 12:
- You or a member of your family will have to be enrolled in any of the government programs such as SNAP( Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), and SSI (Supplemental Security Income).
- You also have to have an income below the 135% of the federal poverty guidelines. If you are applying for this program as a single individual (without any family members), your income rate has to be less than $12,760 annually.
- If you are a senior member of the state, you can qualify and benefit from this program. If you fall into the above categories, you can visit any of the below mentioned service providers in your location to get your mobile.
Check out my post on Free Government iPhone 12 Pro Max if you want an upgraded version of this one.
Top 4 Free Government iPhone 12 Programs
These are the top 4 free government iPhone 12 programs:
1. Lifeline Assistance
Lifeline Assistance is the Federal Communications Commission’s long-standing program (since 1985) aimed at providing all Americans with equal access to telephone services.
It’s aimed at low-income residents who can’t afford to buy a cell phone or plan.
This program qualifies eligible users for wireless service for $9.25 per month. Also applies to internet service at $9.25 per month.
If you want the latest Apple mobile, check out my post on how to get a free iPhone 15.
2. Affordable Connectivity Program
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) replaces the FCC’s Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program.
This is the phone plan and home internet equivalent of the Lifeline Assistance Program in the mobile phone sector.
ACP can help eligible low-income households pay their internet and phone bills.
3. National Lifeline Association
The National Lifeline Association is a non-profit organization that provides financial assistance to low-income households to help pay for phone service.
The organization also offers a free iPhone 12 government phone program.
4. Connect America Fund
The Connect America Fund is a government program that provides subsidies to telephone companies that provide services in rural areas.
The program aims to make phone service more affordable for low-income households.
If you are unable to get a free iPhone 12, you should check out my earlier post on how I got my hands on a free government iPhone 11.
Top 5 Free Government iPhone 12 Providers
These are the top 5 Free Government iPhone 12 providers:
- AirTalk Wireless.
- Cintex Wireless.
- Q Link Wireless.
- NewPhone Wireless.
- Assist Wireless.
These are the Eligibility Criteria to Get a Free Government iPhone 12:
- You have to be above 18.
- Your income rate has to be below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- You or a family member has to be a participant in federal government programs like SNAP and SSI.
List of Required Documents
These are the required documents to get a free iPhone 12:
- Your photo ID.
- Copy of passport.
- Current address.
- Identification documentation that proves you are enrolled in the Food Stamp Program.
- A list of current addresses for some organizations.
How To Apply for A Free Government iPhone 12
Follow these steps to apply for a free iPhone 12 government phone:
- Make sure you are eligible for the program. If you are eligible, you can proceed with the application process. If not, sign in.
- Select a provider to use as the source for this program and contact your free iPhone 12 provider to claim your free phone.
- Go to the online application website and fill in all the required information in the application form. They may ask for paperwork or food stamp entitlements to determine your eligibility.
- If your application is approved, your free iPhone 12 program provider will provide information on any additional procedures required.
You can also get one without spending a penny, check out my guide on how to get a Free iPhone Without Paying.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Getting a Free Government iPhone 12?
The pros and cons of getting a free government iPhone 12 are as follows:
- You don’t need to pay for it.
- You can also get free call plans from the service providers.
- The application process and requirements are often very stressful.
- Individuals rarely ever get free government phones at the end of the day.
How Long Will It Take to Get a Free iPhone 12 from the government?
Getting a free iPhone 12 from the government will take 5 working days.
This article on Free Government iPhone 12 has all the necessary details on how to apply and get your free phones.