With how fast the world is revolutionizing, the need for a good mobile phone has been on the increase. Understanding the need for this gadget, the government has made free phones available for low-income earning citizens through lifeline.
I have gathered all the necessary information about the Best Free Lifeline Phone and the necessary requirements needed to get the top smartphone for you.
Best Free Lifeline Phone: Top 5 Smartphones
These are the top 5 picks for the Best Free Lifeline Phone:
1. LG Stylo 4
The LG stylo 4 is designed to meet every phone user’s needs. It features a reliable battery, security functions like fingerprint sensors, preinstalled apps, high-quality camera. Large RAM and internal memory crowned with an operating system of 8.1 which offers added superior performance.
- Battery capacity of 3300 mAh
- 10 hours operating time after charge
- Security functions like fingerprint sensors and face recognition.
- Rear camera of 13MP and front camera of 5MP
- A display of 6.2 EHD
- Android version:8.1
- RAM of 3GB and internal memory of 32 GB
- Good memory capacity
- Preinstalled apps
- Large screen display
- Battery capacity could be better.
- The android version isn’t up to date today.
2. Samsung Galaxy S9+
Samsung Galaxy S9+ is an essence of excellence when it comes to the best free lifeline phone. One of the amazing features of this phone is that it allows the use of GSM and CDMA network technology. It also comes with 2 chipsets and operates on an android pie.
The Samsung Galaxy S9+ also comes with preinstalled games and apps, a strong battery, high phone memory capacity, and a quality camera.
Check out this post to know how to get a Free Galaxy s9 Government Phone.
- GSM AND CDMA network technology
- 4G compatibility
- 2 chipsets
- Preinstalled games and apps
- Battery capacity of 3000mAh
- Operating time frame of 19 hours after full charge
- Storage capacity of 64 GB to 256 GB.
- Front camera of 8 MP and Rear camera of 12 MP.
- Amazing storage capacity
- Long operating hours
- GSM and CDMA network technology.
- Compatible with 4G
- Average battery backup
- The phone is a bit heavy.
3. Samsung Galaxy S7
The Samsung Galaxy S7 offers optimum quality with an amazing AMOLED screen, live streaming and gaming experience, impressive camera, high storage capacity with additional space, high-quality battery, waterproof feature, quick charge, an operating android system of 8.0, and a whole lot of hardware improvements like the addition of a gorilla glass 4 coating and snapdragon 620 CPU.
- AMOLED screen
- Rear camera of 12 Mp with image stabilization, panorama, and autofocus
- Storage capacity of 32 GB and an extra 200 GB of storage space
- Fast charge
- Operating time frame of 15 hours after a full charge.
- Hardware improvements
- Charges fast
- Front face flashing for better selfies
- Improved rear camera and features
- Waterproof feature
- Extra storage capacity.
- Short battery life.
- Expensive and difficult to repair.
4. NUU Mobile A5L
The NUU A5L mobile phone is an option for anyone looking for impressive features in free lifeline phones. It features up to 16 hours of operating time after full charge, fast internet upload and download speed, a high-quality camera, and the latest android version 8.0.
- Battery capacity of 2650 mAh
- 16 hours operating time after full charge
- 4G compatibility
- Rear camera of 8MP and front of 5MP
- Android operating system 8.0 version
- 5.5 inches display
- 2GB/16 GB storage capacity
- Fast internet access
- Low maintenance battery
- The camera quality isn’t the best
5. iPhone 7
This phone comes with state-of-the-art features that don’t disappoint. First, it features top-notch security protocols like a fingerprint sensor fixed at the front and a face recognition scanner. It also has a sleek design and storage space of 32GB to 128 GB.
The Free iPhone 7 uses A10 cheapest which gives you the best gaming experience on a mobile phone. It closes up with a rear dual 12Mp and 7 MP front camera and a 5.5 inch HD display.
- Top-notch security protocols like face recognition and fingerprint.
- Storage capacity of 32 GB to 128 GB
- A10 chipset
- Rear camera of 12MP and the front of 7MP
- 5.5 inch HD display
- Sleek design
- Fast internet
- Large storage capacity
- Great gaming experience
- Quality camera
- The battery life is very long.
Best Free Lifeline Phone Comparison Table
Below is a comparison table of the best free lifeline phones
|Lifeline phone||Storage capacity||Battery capacity||Screen display||Camera quality||Operating system|
|LG stylo 4||3GB/32GB||3300 mAh||6.2 EHD||Rear camera: 13 MP Front camera: 5 MP||8.1 android version|
|Samsung Galaxy S9+||64/ 256 GB||3000 mAh||6.2-inch||Rear camera: 12 MP|
Front camera: 8 MP
|10 android version|
|Samsung Galaxy S7||32 GB + 200 GB||3600 mAh||5.1 inches||Rear camera: 12MP|
Front camera: 5 MP
|8.0 android version|
|NUU A5L mobile||2 GB/ 16 GB||2650 mAh||5.5-inch||Rear camera: 8 MP|
Front camera: 5 MP
|8.0 android version|
|iPhone 7||32/128 GB||1960 mah||5.5-inch||Rear camera: 12 MP|
Front camera: 7 MP
How to Choose the Best Free Lifeline Phone?
To choose the best free lifeline phone, you will have to put the following into consideration
- Battery capacity: the battery capacity of a phone determines how long it can run on one charge. When choosing a lifeline phone, make sure to check the battery capacity and settle for any with 2000 to 5000 mAh.
- Camera quality: this is one of the perks of a good phone. A phone with a 12MP rear camera and 5 MP front camera can give you good pictures. However, to save your beautiful memories, you will need a good storage capacity.
- Storage capacity: to be able to save over 2000 photos alongside necessary apps ad gams on your phone, you will need to choose a lifeline phone with at least 4GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage.
- Cost of maintenance: this is one necessary factor to consider when choosing the best lifeline phone. It is advisable to avoid selecting phones that come with high maintenance costs. However, if you must choose them, ensure to use a good pouch and screen guard to protect your phone.
Eligibility Criteria for Free Lifeline Smartphones
To qualify for the best free lifeline phone, you have to meet the following eligibility criteria
- You must be at least 18 years of age and above.
- You must have or be a member of a household with an income earning level below or at the 135% federal poverty guidelines.
- You must be a beneficiary of any government assistance program like SNAP, Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income, or Federal Public Housing assistance.
To apply for the best free lifeline phone, you will have to make the following documents available
- Copy of your birth certificate
- Certification of US citizenship
- Passport photograph
- Most recent tax return.
- Proof of income
- Copy of statement of benefit
- Current income statement from your employer.
It’s an established fact that in today’s world, no one can do without a good phone. If you can’t afford one, you can simply apply for one through the lifeline assistance program. As long as you meet the eligibility criteria which is an income level below or at 135% of the federal poverty standards or participation in any government assistance program, you can get a free phone from lifeline. It is also important that when choosing a phone from lifeline, you look out for factors like storage capacity, battery, camera quality, and maintenance cost to get the best free lifeline phone.