If you are reading this post, you should have heard about government assistance programs that give Free 5G Government Phones. But, how do you know if you qualify?
If you have been searching for the answer to how & where to get a free 5g phone in 2022, this is the article for you.
I will cover everything from what you need to do to get your hands on these Free 5G Government Phones to the top providers & companies to get one for yourself.
How to Get Free 5G Government Phones
To get free 5g government phones, you will have to apply for either the EBB program or the lifeline assistance program like the food stamp programs, Medicaid, and SSI. Becoming a beneficiary of these programs gives you the eligibility to qualify for a free 5g phone.
Top 7 Free 5G Government Phones in 2022
The following is a list of the top 7 free 5g phones provided by the government :
- Iphone 13 Pro Max
- Iphone 13 Mini
- Samsung Galaxy A32
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
- Tcl Revvl 5g
- Motorola G Stylus 5 G
- Apple Iphone 12 Mini
Check out our complete list of the Best Free Government Cell Phone in 2022.
List of Free 5G Government Phone Providers & Companies
Some phone providers & companies that offer free 5g phones are:
1. Safe Link
This is a phone service provided under lifeline. You can get your free 5g government phone from them if you are eligible for this program.
2. Clintex Wireless
This is a participant of the EBB program. Clintex offers free 5g phones and unlimited data to eligible participants of this program.
You can also get a free 5g government phone from this carrier trading in a mobile phone that is optimally working. You will likely get an iPhone 12 mini or Samsung S21 at a very reduced price if you have an older phone.
If you are interested in getting an iPhone 7 or 7 plus, read our complete article on How to Get a Free Government Iphone 7?
This service provider like AT&T allows you to trade in your phone to get a new one. You can also activate a new line of data on Verizon’s unlimited data plan and qualify to get a free brand new Samsung Galaxy S20 FE.
This provider also allows you to get a free 5g phone by trading in a functional phone. This provider has currently teamed up with T-mobile so you can get your free 5g phones even faster.
T Mobile Free 5g Phone Offer
In the T Mobile Free 5g Phone Offer, you can get a free 5g phone like OnePlus Nord N200 5g or Samsung Galaxy A32 5g by trading in any functional mobile phone. You can also get a free iPhone 12 or Samsung Galaxy S21 if you subscribe to their unlimited plan.
Eligibility Criteria for Free Government 5g Phones
It is important to note that not everyone is qualified to get the free 5g government phones. To qualify, you will have to meet the following criteria:
- Your income rate has to be below the 135% stipulated federal poverty guidelines.
- You must be a beneficiary of any of the government assistance programs like Medicaid, Temporary Assistance to needy families, Federal public housing assistance program, lifeline assistance, supplemental security income, supplemental nutrition assistance program (SNAP), and so on.
- You have experienced income or job loss or your family’s total income is below $198000 for the joint flier and $99000 for the single filer.
- You were awarded a federal pell grant during the recent award year.
- If you meet the eligibility criteria for the service provider you choose. Also, note that the qualifying criteria for each service provider differ. You can check out their website to know their criteria.
Required Documents for Qualification
To qualify for the free 5g phones, the following documents will be required of you:
- Official documentation of your name and address
- A valid identity card
- A passport
- Documentation of your annual income and full name
- A document that proves that you are a beneficiary of any of the government assistance programs.
Application Process for Free 5G Government Phones
Carrying out a complete and accurate application process is the key to receiving Free 5G Government Phones. The application process is as follows:
- Ensure you have the government assistance program eligibility. You can check your eligibility status on the national verified website for any of the government assistance programs. If you are eligible, you can continue with the application process.
- Search for a phone service provider of either lifeline or EBB programs. You can do this via Google. Choose a provider of your choice from the list provided to be your source for benefiting from this program.
- Visit their website to apply
- You will be redirected to the page for the online application. Input all the required information accurately into the application form. Present eligibility documents if required.
- When your application has been approved, you will be notified of further processes. You can either do a phone switch or subscribe to a plan to get your free 5g phone depending on the service provider you have chosen.
How to Get a Free 5g Phone when You Switch
To get a free 5g phone when you switch, you must ensure that the phone you are switching is in a functional state. If you have an older phone, you are likely to get up to a $700-$800 discount and receive either a Samsung Galaxy S21 model or an iPhone 12.
If you also subscribe to the unlimited service plans of the service provider, you are eligible to get a free 5g phone when you switch.
Does This Program Allow me to Upgrade My Old 4g Phone to 5g for Free?
Service providers like T-mobile allow you to switch your old 4g phone to get a new 5g phone as long as it is still functional. You can get a Samsung Galaxy A32, Samsung Galaxy S21 ultra, and a TCL Revvl 5g. You may however have to subscribe to their 5g unlimited data plan which you need to enjoy internet services on your phone.
We hope this article has been helpful to you. If you are eligible and want to switch or get a new phone, visit any of the service providers mentioned above to get Free 5G Government Phones.