Looking back to when I had to upgrade my Verizon phone, I wished I had a guide to navigate the options available and upgrade my phone easily.
Since you’re a Verizon loyalist, you want to make sure you’re getting the best deal possible.
In this article, I explain the Best Way to Upgrade Phone Verizon and help you figure out which option works best for you.
Top 3 Best Ways to Upgrade Phone Verizon
Here are the top 3 best ways to upgrade phone Verizon:
1. Trade in Your Old Phone for Credit
One of the best ways to upgrade your phone with Verizon is to trade in your old phone for credit toward a new one. Verizon offers trade-in deals that let you get up to $1000 in credit for your old phone.
2. Purchase a Brand New Phone
If you wouldn’t want to be tied down to a payment plan, purchasing a new phone directly from Verizon is a great option.
Check my article Best Verizon Free Phone if you want to discover the top smartphones that the company has to offer.
There’s a wide variety of phones at different price points that you can choose from, and they include the latest flagship models to more budget-friendly options.
3. Upgrade Through the Verizon Device Payment Program
The Verizon Device Payment Program program allows you to pay for your new phone in monthly installments over the course of 24 months.
You can also decide to trade in your old phone for credit towards paying fully for your new phone.
Upgrading through Verizon’s device payment program might be your best option if you want the latest and best smartphone.
Comparing the Best Way to Upgrade Phone Verizon
The table below compares the best way to upgrade phone Verizon:
|Trade-in for Credit||It helps you conveniently dispose of your old phone.|
Helps you save money on a new phone.
|The amount of credit is dependent on the make and model of the old phone.|
|Purchase brand new phone||The phone is owned by you.|
You can freely switch carriers or plans at any time.
|It is more expensive upfront.|
There is no option of spreading out the cost over time.
|Device Payment Program||The cost can be spread out over time.|
It offers the option of trading in an old phone for credit.
You get the latest phone models.
|You own the phone.|
You can freely switch carriers or plans at any time.
Are you aware Verizon is offering free 5g phones? Check my post on Why is Verizon Offering Free 5g Phones.
How to Choose the Best Way to Upgrade Phone Verizon for Yourself
The following factors should be considered when choosing the best way to upgrade phone Verizon:
- You should consider if you prefer to own your phone outright or if you are okay with not owning it.
- Trade-in value is also important to consider if you have an old phone that you’re looking to get rid of.
- Your budget is one of the most important factors to consider, and it may be better to go for the device payment program or trade in for credit if you have a tight budget.
- The phone model is also important, and the device payment program may be the best option for you because it lets you spread out the cost over time.
Why Should You Upgrade Your Verizon Phone?
These are some reasons why you should upgrade your Verizon phone:
- Upgrading your phone ensures access to the latest apps and software updates.
- Upgrading to a newer model can provide you with a trade-in value that can be applied toward the cost of your new phone.
- Upgrading your phone gives it new features, as newer phones sometimes have better cameras, faster processors, and better battery life.
- Upgrading your phone improves device performance which makes it faster and more responsive.
- Upgrading your phone provides the latest security features and protections, which can help keep your personal information safe and secure.
When Should You Upgrade Your Verizon Phone?
You should upgrade your Verizon phone when:
- Upgrading to a newer phone can provide the latest security features and protections, which help keep your personal information safe.
- If you need access to the latest apps and software updates, upgrading to a newer phone may be necessary.
- You should upgrade if your phone is outdated and no longer receives software updates.
- If your phone lags, freezes frequently, or crashes often, upgrade to a newer one for a faster and more reliable user experience.
- If your phone has physical damage, like a cracked screen or broken camera, upgrading to a newer phone may cost less than repairing it.
- Upgrading to a newer phone can give you access to new features like improved camera quality, faster processing speed, and longer battery life.
How Do I Find the Best Phone Deals with Verizon?
Take the following steps to find the best phone deals with Verizon:
- Follow Verizon on their social media platforms.
- Check with your employer or organization for discounts.
- Check the Verizon website.
- Sign up for email alerts.
- Consider bundling services to save on phone costs.
- Compare their prices with other carriers.
- Wait for holiday or seasonal promotions.
- Look for deals on older models.
- Take advantage of trade-in offers.
- Consider buying a refurbished phone.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Best Way to Upgrade Phone Verizon
The frequently asked questions about the Best Way to Upgrade Phone Verizon are as follows:
What are the best ways to upgrade my phone with Verizon?
Upgrade with a trade-in, payment plan & are the best ways to upgrade your phone with Verizon:
Upgrade with a trade-in.
Upgrade with a payment plan.
Upgrade over the phone.
Upgrade in-store by purchasing a new phone.
Can I get a free phone when upgrading with Verizon?
Verizon offers promotions that allow you to get a free phone when upgrading.
Upgrading your phone with Verizon shouldn’t be tough after knowing the Best Way to Upgrade Phone Verizon.
After going through the different options and considering your individual needs, budget, and phone model, you can easily find the best way to upgrade your phone with Verizon.
Whether you opt for the device payment program, trade in your old phone, or purchase a new phone directly, you should weigh the advantages and disadvantages of each choice carefully before making a decision.