There are lots of hotspot devices available on the market today.
However, I’ve put the Cricket Turbo Hotspot to the test, and boy, it is a reliable gateway to on-the-go connectivity.
In this article, I share my Cricket Turbo Hotspot Review, revealing its specs, pros and cons.
Cricket Turbo Hotspot Review
The Cricket Turbo Hotspot offers reliable internet connectivity with 4G LTE speed, capable of connecting up to 16 devices. It’s compact, easy to use, and includes a SIM card, supporting both 4G and 5G networks. However, it may have limited reception in areas with weak coverage and occasional slowness.
It operates on Cricket Wireless’ network, which boasts extensive coverage across the United States and is highly user-friendly.
If you like it, check out how to get Cricket Free Hotspot for yourself.
Cricket Turbo Hotspot Review: Specifications
These are the top 7 Cricket Turbo Hotspot Specifications:
1. Battery Capacity
With a removable Li-ion battery of 2930mAh, the Cricket Turbo hotspot offers up to 11 hours of extended usage.
It features a 1.77” LCD external display.
It has a micro-USB 2.0 port.
The Cricket Turbo hotspot also features WiFi 802.11ac, 2×2 MIMO, Dual-Band 2.4/5 GHz, Multiple SSID/Guest WiFi Support with an optional timer, and WPS.
It also offers Content filtering and parental control options, WiFi security encryption, WPS, VPN access, NAT firewall, and password protected administration UI to ensure a stable and secure connection.
It also features 802.11 ac and Dual-Band WiFi 2.4/5 GHz, 4G/LTE bands, and 3G fallback support.
The package contains the Cricket Turbo Hotspot, a Cricket Wireless SIM Card, a removable Li-Ion Battery, an AC charger and a USB cable, and a setup manual.
If you are seeking more than just hotspot solutions, Check out how to get a Cricket Free iPhone.
Cricket Turbo Hotspot Review: Pros and Cons
These are the pros and cons of the Cricket Turbo Hotspot:
|Long lasting battery
|Works short range
|Poor signal quality
How to Get Cricket Turbo Hotspot
Follow these steps to Get Cricket Turbo Hotspot:
- Sign in to the “myCricket App.”
- Click on the ‘Manage Your Lines’ option, and choose a line.
- Click on ‘Edit Features’.
- Tap ‘Manage Features’, and select the $10/mo Mobile Hotspot
- Select the $10/mo Mobile Hotspot Add-on.
- If you prefer this feature solely for the ongoing billing cycle, select “Once.” Otherwise, select “Monthly.”
- Review your changes and go to the checkout.
- Schedule your added change for today or your next billing cycle, and click ‘Continue.’
- Enter your credit details if your change is scheduled for today, and submit.
You can also get a free hotspot from T Mobile as an EBT beneficiary! Check my post on T Mobile Free Hotspot EBT for details.
Top 5 Cricket Turbo Hotspot Plans
These are the Top 5 Cricket Turbo Hotspot Plans:
1. 100GB plan
This data plan provides 100GB of internet hotspot access and is suitable for multiple devices.
For $90, Cricket Wireless offers 100GB of data for turbo hotspots. This premium plan, though pricier than the others, is totally
2. 50GB plan
The 50GB hotspot data-only plan goes for $55. It offers reliable internet access for streaming, downloads, and uploads.
3. 40GB plan
The 40GB Cricket turbo hotspot plan offers 40GB of internet access for downloads, streaming, and uploads. The 40GB hotspot plan costs $50
4. 20GB plan
This data plan offers 20GB of internet access to education, entertainment, and information to keep users in tune with the current trends. The 20GB plan costs $35.
5. 10GB plan
This starter plan goes for $10. It offers 10GB of internet access for a seamless browsing and streaming experience.
If you need basic internet access on a budget, then this is the ideal plan for you.
Don’t miss my post on how to get Free Cricket Service! It’s another cost-effective option eligible customers can enjoy, along with uninterrupted internet connectivity.
How to Setup Cricket Turbo Hotspot
Follow these steps to Setup Cricket Turbo Hotspot:
- Open the box and take out the turbo hotspot and SIM card.
- Remove the back cover of the hotspot
- Insert the SIM card into the SIM slot
- Insert the battery. Ensure that it is fully charged before use.
- Fasten the back cover to keep the battery and SIM card firmly in place.
How Do I Turn on The Turbo Hotspot on Cricket?
To turn on your Turbo hotspot device, press and hold the power button for 3 to 4 seconds.
Check out how to snag a Cricket Free 5G Phone for enhanced connectivity and lightning-fast speeds
Cricket Turbo Hotspot Not Working
Follow these steps to fix the Cricket Turbo Hotspot Not Working:
- Restart your device.
- Ensure that you have a mobile hotspot enabled on your phone.
- Check the signal strength and refresh until it is strong enough.
- Check your phone’s network settings.
- Check the network credentials to ensure that they are correct.
- Try changing your position if your network becomes shaky.
- Contact Cricket Wireless customer service at 1-800-2742538.
FAQs on Cricket Turbo Hotspot Review
These are the frequently asked questions on Cricket Turbo Hotspot Review:
Can I use the Cricket Turbo Hotspot with devices from other carriers?
Devices from other carriers may not be compatible with the Cricket turbo hotspot.
Is the Cricket Turbo Hotspot any good?
If you are looking for a decent turbo hotspot device, then Cricket turbo hotspot is a good choice.
I hope you now know what my Cricket Turbo Hotspot review is and what are its pros and cons.