Are you a single black mother looking for grants to provide for your family? This blog post discusses exactly how you can find grants for single black mothers.
I have compiled a list of some of the most popular grants and scholarships for single black mothers to start a business, get scholarships, get free grants, etc.
There is a lot of money available for single black mothers to do things like build a home or complete their education or start a business, so check out that information in this article.
Top 5 Grants for Single Black Mothers in 2022
These are the best grants for single black mothers in 2022:
1. Community Action Partnership
The National Community Action Partnership (NCAP) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit membership organization that helps low-income individuals build a better life by providing them with the resources they need to get ahead. The grants offered by NCAP help single black mothers by offering to fund affordable housing, emergency financial assistance, and job training.
2. Women’s Independence Scholarship Program
The WISP program provides $1000 scholarships to single black mothers who are enrolled in a college or vocational school. The scholarship is awarded on the basis of financial need and academic merit.
You may also like this post on the Top 7 Personal Grants for Single Mothers.
3. United Negro College Fund
United Negro College Fund was established to help students from the African American community receive an education. It was established in 1904 as the Negro Universities Service Association. This association helps its members by providing them with scholarships.
4. The Sister Thea Bowman Foundation
The Sister Thea Bowman Foundation was created in 1999 to provide scholarship opportunities to women. It focuses on helping single black mothers and children, who need help paying for college. This program is awarded based on the needs of the applicants.
5. Child Care and Development Grant
The Child Care and Development Grant is funded by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. This program aims to help families who are facing a lot of problems paying for child care expenses. To qualify for this grant, you must be an active parent and have a child younger than three years old. The funding is distributed on a competitive basis. The amount of money you receive depends on how much time you have to spend on taking care of your child, how many other children you have, and how much money your family has to pay in expenses.
Grants for Single Black Mothers to Start a Business
Funding is available for girls ages 12-21 who are looking for a career in entrepreneurship. Girls may apply for grants that cover tuition, living expenses, and business-related supplies. Grant recipients must attend a monthly series of workshops designed to support the development of women-owned businesses.
These are the top Grants for Single Black Mothers to Start a Business:
Girlboss Foundation Grant for Single Black Mothers to Start a Business
The Girlboss Foundation is a non-profit that was created by Sophia Amoruso. She is a famous American entrepreneur, author, and social media influencer. Amoruso founded Nasty Gal in 2006 and it is now one of the biggest online fashion retailers.
Scholarships for Single Black Mothers
These are the best Scholarships for Single Black Mothers in 2022:
- Dr. Julianne Malveaux Scholarship.
- Dr. Barbara Odom-Wesley Spirit of Achievement Scholarship.
- The Wynetta Frazier “Sister-to-Sister” Scholarship.
- Blacks at Microsoft Scholarship.
- KnowBe4 Scholarship for Black Americans in Cybersecurity.
What Are the Types of Grants Available to Single Black Mothers?
These are the 3 popular types of grants available to single black mothers:
- Scholarship Grants.
- Grants to Start a business.
- Free Grants.
Single Black Mother Grant Application Process
This is the process of a single Black mother grant application:
- Make sure you fill out all the necessary forms. This will include forms for the grants that you are interested in. Fill out these two forms and have them mailed to your local government.
- Get a copy of the “How To Apply For A Single Mother Grant” form from the website listed above. Print this form out and have it with you when you go to the government office.
- Make sure to bring documentation that proves you are single and that you are the parent of the child.
I hope that you now know what are the top Grants for Single Black Mothers that all single black moms can apply in 2022.