As someone who’s been finding it hard to afford a phone, I want to share some good news – you might be eligible for a free phone from the government through Assist Wireless!
In this article, I’m going to walk you through everything you need to know about getting the Assist Wireless free phone and how you can get one yourself.
What is the Assist Wireless Free Phone Program?
Assist Wireless free phone program is a government-supported program that offers free phones to eligible low-income individuals who will otherwise not afford them due to low income.
These free phones also come with free minutes, free data, and free texts to enable them to communicate and stay connected with friends and family and to have access to other resources such as education, entertainment, etc.
This program is a part of the Lifeline Assistance Program which is targeted toward providing free and discounted telecommunications services to low-income households.
Did you know: You can also get an iPhone 7 for free? Check out this post on free government iphone 7 if you are interested.
How to Get the Assist Wireless Free Phone?
These are the two ways to get the Assist Wireless free phone:
1. Apply Online
Follow these steps to apply online for the Assist Wireless Free Government Phone:
- Ensure that you are eligible from Lifeline to receive a phone from Assist Wireless.
- Visit the official website of Assist Wireless and fill out the provided application form with the required personal information.
- Attach the required documents to your application and submit your application.
- Wait for a response from the company.
- Choose the specific phone you want and the plan of your choice.
- You will receive your phone within a few days.
2. Apply In Person
Follow these steps to apply in person for the Assist Wireless Free Phone:
- Find an Assist Wireless store or an authorized dealer in your area.
- Put together the necessary documents to prove your eligibility.
- Visit the store during their usual business hours and notify them of your interest to get a free phone.
- Fill out an application form and attach the required documents to it and submit them.
- Wait for approval from Assist Wireless.
- You will receive your phone.
You may also want to check out Airtalk Wireless Free Government Phone Reviews.
These are the eligibility criteria to get the free mobile from Assist Wireless:
- Being a participant in any of the government assistance programs such as Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Medicaid, etc.
- Having a household income at or below 135% of the Federal poverty guidelines.
The following documents are required to get an Assist Wireless free phone:
- Proof of income such as a recent tax return.
- Proof of participation in a government assistance program.
- Proof of identity such as a driver’s license.
- Proof of residency such as a utility bill.
- Social security card.
How Does the Assist Wireless Free Phone Program Work?
This is how the Assist Wireless free phone program works:
- The program is a government-sponsored initiative that provides eligible low-income individuals with a free cell phone and a limited number of monthly minutes and texts.
- Eligibility requirements vary by state but typically include having a household income at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participating in government assistance programs like Medicaid, SNAP, or SSI.
- To apply, you will need to submit an application to Assist Wireless and confirm your eligibility.
- Once your application is approved, you will receive a free cell phone with a limited number of monthly minutes and texts. The exact number of minutes and texts can vary by state.
- You may have the option to purchase additional minutes or data if you need more than what is provided for free.
- The Assist Wireless free phone program is a great way to stay connected without having to worry about the high costs associated with owning a cell phone, making it a valuable option for those who qualify.
What Kind of Free Phone Does Assist Wireless Give You?
Assist Wireless offers Android phones and some free iPhones, specifically models 6+ and below. However, it can be inferred that the phone would likely be portable, have 4G connectivity, a 12MP camera or lower, be easy to use and maintain, and have a battery capacity between 3000mAh to 4000mAh.
How to Activate the Assist Wireless Free Phone
Follow these steps to activate your Assist Wireless free phone:
- Turn on your phone by pressing the power button.
- Insert the sim card if your phone comes with a sim card.
- A screen will appear for you to choose your display language. Choose your preferred language.
- After selecting your preferred language, your phone will be ready for use.
Benefits of Getting the Free Phone from Assist Wireless
These are the benefits of Getting the Free Phone from Assist Wireless:
- It bridges the digital divide to provide free access to information and communication resources for eligible individuals.
- It enables the recipients to have access to other resources such as entertainment, education, etc.
- It eliminates the cost of getting a phone as the phones are free.
- These mobile devices also come with additional benefits such as free minutes texts and data.
FAQs on the Assist Wireless Free Phone
These are the most frequently asked questions on Assist Wireless Free Phone:
How long does it take to receive the Free Phone from Assist Wireless?
If you applied online, you will receive your phone within 5-7 working days.
The Assist Wireless free phone program is aimed at providing free phones and telecommunications services to eligible persons who will otherwise not be able to afford them.
Through this medium, eligible individuals will be able to stay connected with friends and family and also have access to other resources.