So, my buddy recently explained to me how he got himself a Free MacBook Pro.
As a college student myself, I asked him to help me get it too.
And now I’m typing this article on my brand-new, absolutely free MacBook.
If you’re a student looking to score a free MacBook, you’re in the right place.
In this article, I’ll break down the top 5 providers and explain exactly how to get your hands on a Free Macbook for Students.
What is the Free Macbook for Students Offer?
The Free MacBook for Students Offer refers to various programs, discounts, and initiatives provided by educational institutions, organizations, or through manufacturer deals and promotions aimed at providing students with access to free or heavily discounted MacBook laptops.
If you’re interested in more ways to get it, you might also want to check out how you can get a Free Laptop with Medicaid.
Top 5 Free Macbook for Students Providers
These are the Top 5 providers of Free Macbook for Students:
1. With Causes Charitable Organisation
With Causes Charitable Organization focuses on helping those in need, including students, by providing laptops, including Macbboks, to individuals who cannot afford them.
They offer government issued laptops to eligible candidates, such as those from low income households, veterans, and survivors of abuse in women’s shelters.
Interested students can apply online to learn more about the program and its application process.
2. Computers with Causes
Computers with Causes is a distinct organization from With Causes Charitable Organization. However, it shares the goal of providing computers, including laptops, to those who require assistance.
The application process involves background and reference checks to ensure the laptops reach the most vulnerable individuals in need.
By applying online and explaining the reasons for needing a laptop, applicants can initiate the process of receiving a Macbook.
3. Dell Scholars Program
The Dell Scholars Programme offers a comprehensive package to high school graduates, including a $20,000 scholarship, a free Macbook, textbook credits through Chegg, and personal support during college.
To qualify, students must have an average GPA of 2.4, be eligible for the Pell Grant, and plan to enroll in a bachelor’s program immediately after high school.
The program aims to empower students to pursue higher education and succeed.
Check this post to learn How to Get a Free Computer from Dell.
4. Laptops 4 Learning (L4L)
Laptops 4 Learning was established with the mission of providing students with computer access to enhance their academic achievements.
This organization not only supports students but also military veterans. L4L’s unique approach involves community fundraising efforts to raise funds to provide laptops.
Once sufficient funds are collected, the organization distributes free laptops, including Macbooks, to students in need, promoting digital inclusion and educational success.
5. World Computer Exchange
The World Computer Exchange collaborates with governments, NGOs, schools, and libraries to offer free or refurbished computers, including laptops, to individuals in need.
Through their program, college students can request a free laptop by detailing their circumstances and explaining why they require assistance.
While the organization primarily focuses on aiding developing countries, students seeking support can explore the possibility of receiving a Macbook.
You might also be interested in my guide on Free Laptop from Apple, which complements the tips and providers I’ll be discussing here.
How to Get a Free MacBook for Students
Follow these steps to get a Free MacBook for students:
- Research eligible programs that offer free laptops, including MacBooks, to students in need.
- Once you’ve identified potential programs, carefully review their eligibility requirements. Based on your eligibility and needs, select programs that align with you.
- Prepare the required documents to support your application.
- Visit the website of the program you want to apply to.
- Locate and complete the applications accurately by providing all requested information.
- After submitting your applications, be patient and wait for a response from the organizations.
- If your application is approved, you will receive confirmation from the organization. This confirmation will include details about when and how you will receive your free MacBook.
- Follow the instructions provided by the organization to receive your free MacBook.
If you’re looking for opportunities beyond the classroom, check out our guide on getting a Free Laptop for Business and elevating your entrepreneurial journey!
These are the eligibility criteria to get a Free Macbook for Students:
- You or any member of your household must currently be receiving government benefits from programs like Pell Grant, WIC, SSI, Medicaid, Reduced Price Lunches, and SNAP.
- Your household income must be below 200% of the federal poverty level.
- You must be a student.
- You must be above 18 years of age.
If you are interested in getting it through a gov program, fill out this Free Government Laptops Application Form.
These are the required documents to get a Free Macbook for Students:
- Proof of Student Status:
- Student ID
- Acceptance Letter
- Proof of Eligibility for Government Benefits:
- Benefit Award Letters
- Benefit Programme Cards
- Income Verification:
- Income Tax Returns
- Pay Stubs
- Proof of Residence:
- Utility Bills
- Lease Agreements
- Personal Identification:
- Driver’s Licence or ID Card
- Contact information for references (teachers, counselors, employers, etc.)
- Application Form:
- Completed application form provided by the program.
Top 5 Free Macbook Models Offered for Free to Students
These are the top 5 Free Macbook Models Offered for Free to Students:
1. Apple MacBook Air (M2, 2022)
The MacBook Air (M2, 2022) offers exceptional performance with its Apple M2 chip, 8 core CPU, and 10 core GPU. Its 13.60 inch Liquid Retina display with True Tone technology provides vivid visuals.
The laptop’s 18 hour battery life, backlit Magic Keyboard, and advanced security features make it an excellent choice for students on the go.
2. Apple MacBook Air (M1, 2020)
The MacBook Air (M1, 2020) features the groundbreaking M1 chip with an 8 core CPU and GPU for impressive speed and efficiency. Its 13.3 inch Retina display delivers stunning visuals, and the laptop offers up to 15 hours of battery life.
The Magic Keyboard, sleek design, and macOS ecosystem make it a top choice for student productivity.
3. Apple MacBook Pro (M2, 2022)
The MacBook Pro (M2, 2022) boasts impressive power with the Apple M2 chip, featuring an 8 core CPU and a 10 core GPU. Its 13.3 inch Retina display with True Tone technology offers a sharp 2560 by 1600 native resolution at 227 pixels per inch, complemented by wide color (P3) support.
The battery life is exceptional, with up to 20 hours of Apple TV app movie playback and up to 17 hours of wireless web usage.
The sleek design, advanced hardware, and macOS ecosystem offer an impressive student laptop option.
4. Apple MacBook Pro 14 M2 Pro
The Apple MacBook Pro 14 M2 Pro is a high performance laptop featuring the powerful Apple M2 Pro 10 Core processor and an impressive Apple M2 Pro 16 Core graphics unit.
With 16GB of RAM and a spacious 512GB NVMe SSD, this laptop ensures smooth multitasking and ample storage.
The 14 inch Liquid Retina XDR display with Mini LED backlight delivers exceptional visual quality at 3024 x 1964 resolution. Equipped with WiFi 6E and Bluetooth 5.3, wireless connectivity is top notch.
The Apple MacBook Pro 14 M2 Pro stands out for its cutting edge hardware and versatile capabilities, making it suitable for demanding tasks and creative projects.
5. The Apple MacBook Air (M1, 2020)
The Apple MacBook Air (M1, 2020) boasts a stunning Retina display with a 13.3 inch LED backlit screen and IPS technology. Its native resolution of 2560 by 1600 offers sharp visuals at 227 pixels per inch, supporting millions of colours.
The display features 400 nits of brightness, and the inclusion of Wide Colour (P3) and True Tone technology enhances colour accuracy and adaptive screen lighting.
The revolutionary Apple M1 chip powers the laptop and combines an 8 core CPU with 4 performance and 4 efficiency cores.
MacBook Air (M1, 2020) offers a seamless and advanced user experience with macOS as the operating system.
if you’re interested in more freebies like this, don’t miss out on our guide to getting Free Government Internet and Laptop.
Free Macbook for Students Comparison Table
This table compares the models of Free Macbook for Students:
|Model||Processor||Graphics||RAM||Storage||Display||Battery Life||Notable Features|
|MacBook Air (M2, 2022)||Apple M2 chip||10 core GPU||8GB||512GB SSD||13.60 inch Liquid Retina||Up to 18 hours||True Tone display, 2x Thunderbolt/USB C ports, Backlit Magic Keyboard|
|MacBook Air (M1, 2020)||Apple M1 chip||7 core or 8 core GPU||8GB||256GB SSD||13.3 inch Retina||Up to 15 hours||True Tone display, Thunderbolt/USB 4 ports, Magic Keyboard, Touch ID|
|MacBook Pro (M2, 2022)||Apple M2 chip||10-core GPU||16GB||512GB SSD||13.3 inch Retina XDR||Up to 20 hours||True Tone display, Mini LED backlight, 3x Thunderbolt 4/USB C ports|
|MacBook Pro 14 M2 Pro||Apple M2 Pro 10 Core||Apple M2 Pro 16 Core||16GB||512GB NVMe SSD||14 inch Liquid Retina XDR||Up to 18 hours||Powerful CPU & GPU, 3x Thunderbolt 4/USB C ports, 1 year warranty|
How to Get a Free Macbook for Dyslexic Students
Follow these steps to get a Free Macbook for dyslexic students:
- Get a Formal Diagnosis of Dyslexia. This typically involves getting assessed by a qualified professional, such as an educational psychologist.
- Once you have the diagnostic report, apply for Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA).
- Visit the websites of any of the funding bodies mentioned to locate the application form.
- Along with your application, you must provide evidence of your dyslexia diagnosis.
- Fill up the application form with your accurate information as required and submit your application.
- If your DSA application is approved, you will be invited for a Study Needs Assessment.
- Based on the recommendations from your Study Needs Assessment, you may be provided with a MacBook.
- Along with the equipment, you may receive training on how to use the MacBook.
- Keep records of any communication, assessments, or equipment you receive through the DSA.
Benefits of Getting a Free Macbook for Students
These are the benefits of getting a Free Macbook for Students:
- MacBooks are known for their speed and efficiency, which can help you complete assignments, research, and projects more quickly and effectively.
- MacBooks are lightweight and easy to carry, making them ideal for students who need to move between classes, libraries, and study sessions.
- With a MacBook, you can access a wide range of online educational resources, e-books, and digital libraries, expanding your learning opportunities.
- MacBooks come with a variety of built in software and access to the App Store, allowing you to download educational apps, productivity tools, and software relevant to your field of study.
- You can take digital notes, organize your class materials, and set reminders and schedules, helping you stay organized and on top of your coursework.
- MacBooks are very durable.
- Receiving a free MacBook can alleviate the financial burden of purchasing a laptop, allowing you to allocate your resources to other educational expenses.
Looking for ways to stay connected and productive? Explore how you can access Free Government Internet and Laptop programs to bridge the digital divide and stay ahead in the digital age.
How to Get a Free Macbook for College Students?
Follow these steps to get a Free Macbook for College Students:
- Start by researching programs or organizations that offer free MacBooks for college students. Look into your college or university’s offerings, local government programs, scholarships, and nonprofit organizations that provide such assistance.
- Review the eligibility criteria for each program or opportunity.
- Prepare any necessary documents to support your application.
- Follow the application instructions provided by the program you are applying through.
- If you’re applying for scholarships that provide free MacBooks, fill out the scholarship applications thoroughly. Pay attention to deadlines and provide all required information.
- Some programs may require interviews or assessments to determine your eligibility and ensure you attend them.
- After submitting your applications, regularly check your email and any application portals for updates, notifications, or requests for additional information.
- If you don’t hear back within the expected timeframe, consider following up with the program or organization to inquire about the status of your application.
- If your application is successful and you’re offered a free MacBook, carefully review the terms and conditions. Accept the offer if you’re comfortable with the terms.
Do Students Get a Free Macbook?
Students do not typically receive free MacBooks as a standard practice. However, some programs provide low income students with a free or heavily discounted MacBook.
Do You Get Free Air Pods with A Macbook?
Apple offers a promotion that includes free AirPods with the purchase of a new MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, iMac Pro, iPad Pro, or iPad Air 123. The promotion is available to college students, faculty, staff, and homeschool teachers of all grade levels.
FAQs on Free Macbook for Students
These are the frequently asked questions on Free Macbook for Students:
What happens if my Free Student Macbook gets damaged?
If your Free Student MacBook gets damaged, you will have to cover the repair or replacement costs unless the program or promotion that provided the MacBook to you includes accidental damage coverage.
Can I get a discount on a MacBook if I’m a student?
Apple offers special education pricing for students, teachers, and educational staff. This pricing often provides a discount on MacBook models. To take advantage of this discount, you must provide proof of your educational status, such as a student ID or verification through an educational institution’s portal.
Obtaining a Free MacBook for students is possible through various avenues such as educational discounts, scholarships, and grants. It’s essential to explore these opportunities, network with relevant contacts, and stay informed about available programs.
Additionally, remember to choose the MacBook model that suits your needs, and explore ways to save on essential accessories. While it might take some effort and persistence, getting a free or discounted MacBook can significantly benefit your academic journey.