Have you ever found yourself wincing at your phone bill after a month of international calls?
That’s why I felt like I hit the jackpot when I discovered Free VOIP Phone Services.
In this post, I’ll take you through my experience of getting it for myself and how you can too.
What is the Free VOIP Phone Service offer?
Free VOIP Phone Service offers Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) phone services to users at no cost for personal use. It allows individuals to make calls using an internet connection instead of traditional phone lines. Users can download and install the VOIP software on their devices, create an account, and use the service to call other users of the same VOIP product for free.
Imagine a Phone service with everything unlimited and can be enjoyed forever! Check out my post on Free Cell Phone Service for Life Unlimited Everything.
Top 5 Free VOIP Phone Service Providers
These are the Top 5 Free VOIP Phone Service Providers:
Ringblaze stands out as a versatile and effective free VOIP phone service provider, catering not only to individuals but also to businesses of various sizes, particularly agencies, travel, and e-commerce industries.
Its core focus is enhancing sales and customer support through real-time communication tools.
By integrating a customizable call widget on their websites, businesses can provide prompt assistance to visitors, increasing the likelihood of conversions.
Google is a world leading tech giant well known as one of the best options for those seeking VoIP phone service.
Google offers a free version of Google Voice, ideal for personal use, providing a local phone number and allowing users to make and receive calls.
Designed with smaller companies in mind, OnSIP offers a limited free version and paid plans with additional features.
Beyond standard phone services, it includes video chat, conference calls, voicemail to email functionality, call management, and queue reporting.
Skype is a well established VOIP service provider that allows users to make free voice and video calls to other Skype users.
It offers basic communication features and the option to obtain a phone number for calls to phone numbers in various countries.
While its primary focus is on personal use, businesses can utilize it for communication needs.
Zoom is a VOIP service provider known for its video conferencing services and free VOIP service plan named “Zoom One.”
This free plan combines team chat, phone functionality, whiteboard features, virtual meetings, and more in a comprehensive offering.
Zoom One is optimized for quick response times, making it suitable for businesses seeking seamless communication and collaboration.
While the free plan may have limitations, it is an excellent option for small businesses and teams to get started with VOIP communications.
As we journey further into the world of cost-effective communication, you might also want to check out my piece on the Best Prepaid Phone Plans with Free Phones for more budget-friendly options.
How to Get the Free VOIP Phone Service
Follow these steps to get the Free VOIP Phone Service:
- Explore various VOIP service providers offering free plans or trials. Consider features, call quality, supported locations, and customer reviews to select the most suitable option for your needs.
- Visit the chosen provider’s website and sign up for an account. For personal use, you may need to provide basic personal information, such as your name, email address, and location. For business use, you might need to provide additional details about your company.
- After signing up, download the provider’s app. Most VOIP services offer apps for desktop computers, smartphones, and tablets, so choose the appropriate version for your device.
- Depending on the service, you may be assigned a phone number or have the option to choose a local or international number. Follow the instructions to set up your phone number within the app.
- Some providers may require verification before allowing you to use their services fully. This verification process may involve confirming your email address or phone number.
- Once your account is set up and verified, test the service by making calls to other users within the same VOIP network. Most providers allow free calls between users of their service.
- Some free VOIP services may offer limited features, while others might provide a few advanced options. Explore the available features to make the most of the service, such as call recording, call forwarding, and voicemail.
- If the free plan meets your requirements, you can continue using it. However, if you need more advanced features or want to make calls to non-VOIP phone numbers, you may consider upgrading to a paid plan.
- Once everything is set up, you can enjoy free communication with other users of the same VOIP service. Remember that calling non-VOIP numbers or making international calls might incur additional charges, so be aware of the provider’s pricing structure.
If you’re looking for other cost-saving phone alternatives, you might also be interested in checking out my previous post about the Free Government Landline Phone Service.
Top 5 Free VOIP Phone Service Plans
The Top 5 Free VOIP Phone Service Plans are:
1. Ringblaze Free Plan
Ringblaze’s Free Plan is a versatile and effective VOIP phone service plan designed for individuals and businesses of various sizes, with a particular focus on agencies, travel, and e commerce industries.
It aims to enhance sales and customer support through real time communication tools.
The plan allows businesses to integrate a customizable call widget on their websites, enabling prompt assistance to visitors, thus increasing the likelihood of conversions.
With its emphasis on seamless communication, Ringblaze’s Free Plan is an excellent choice for optimizing sales interactions and customer support services.
2. OnSIP Free Plan
OnSIP’s Free Plan caters to smaller companies, providing essential communication features, including video chat, conference calls, and voicemail to email functionality.
The plan is suitable for businesses with basic communication needs, facilitating effective internal and external communication within the organization.
3. Google Voice Free Plan
Google Voice is a well known and exciting option for those seeking VoIP phone service. Its free version is ideal for personal use, providing a local phone number and allowing users to make and receive calls.
Starting at $10, the business version offers additional features like call forwarding, multi-level auto-attendant, and Google Calendar and Meet integration.
4. Skype free plan
Skype is a renowned VoIP service plan that offers a basic version allowing free voice and video calls to other Skype users.
While Skype’s free plan is well established and reliable, some of its advanced features, like calling phone numbers in various countries, may require payment.
5. Zoom One
Zoom One is a free VOIP service plan that extends beyond its renowned video conferencing platform.
It integrates team chat, phone functionality, whiteboard features, and virtual meetings into a single comprehensive offering. “Zoom One” is tailored for businesses seeking efficient collaboration and communication solutions.
Whether real time chat, voice calls, interactive whiteboard sessions, or virtual meetings, Zoom One provides a unified platform for enhanced teamwork and productivity.
If you’re interested in ways to make phone services even more affordable, you might want to check out how you can benefit from the Free iPhone Government Phone Service.
Free VOIP Phone Service Providers & Plans Comparison Table
This table compares Free Free VOIP Phone Service Providers and their Plans:
|VOIP Service Provider||Free Plan||Free Plan Features||Target Users||Platforms||Paid Plan Pricing|
|Ringblaze||Ringblaze Free Plan||Real time communication tools|
Customizable call widget for websites
Sales and customer support focus
|Individuals and businesses||Web, Android, iOS||Starting at $19.99/month|
|Google Voice||Google Voice Free Plan||Local phone number|
Make and receive calls
|Personal use||Web, Android, iOS||Starting at $10/month|
|OnSIP||OnSIP Free Plan||Video chat|
Voicemail to email functionality
|Small companies||Web, Android, iOS||Starting at $15/user/month|
|Skype||Skype Free Plan||Free voice and video calls to other Skype users|
Option to obtain a phone number for calls to various countries
|Personal use and suitable for businesses||Web, Android, iOS, Windows, Mac||Starting at $2.99/month|
|Zoom||Zoom One Free Plan||Team chat |
|Businesses seeking seamless communication||Web, Android, iOS, Windows, Mac||Starting at $14.99/host/month|
This is the required eligibility criteria to get Free VOIP Service:
- You must be a resident of supported countries/regions.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must have a valid email for registration and communication.
- You must be a new user.
These are the documents required to get Free VOIP Service:
- Identification Documents such as a government-issued ID (e.g., driver’s license, passport) to verify your identity during registration.
- Proof of Address is demonstrated through utility bills, bank statements, or official letters.
- Email Address Verification.
Features of Free VOIP Phone Service
These are the features of Free VOIP Phone Service:
- Voice Calling: Make and receive calls over the Internet.
- Video Calling: Have face to face conversations with other users.
- Instant Messaging: Send text messages, emojis, and files to other users.
- Voicemail: Receive and store messages when unavailable.
- Call Forwarding: Redirect incoming calls to another number or device.
- Call Waiting: Get alerts for incoming calls while on another call.
- Caller ID: See the caller’s phone number or name.
- Conference Calling: Set up group calls with multiple participants.
- Call Recording: Record calls for future reference or sharing.
- Number Porting: Transfer existing phone numbers to the VOIP service.
- Accessibility: Access the service on Android and iOS devices.
- Online Account Management: Manage account settings and view call history.
- Encryption and Security: Ensure privacy and protection for calls and messages.
How to Choose the Best Free VOIP Service for You?
Follow these steps to choose the best Free VOIP Service for you:
- Determine if you need it for personal or business communication.
- Check if it offers voice, video, messaging, forwarding, and voicemail.
- Ensure it works on your devices (Android, iOS, Windows, Mac).
- Check if the service is accessible in your country or region.
- Look for reliable call quality based on user reviews.
- Ensure it has an intuitive and easy to use app or platform.
- Verify encryption and data protection measures.
- Ensure it offers access to customer support when needed.
- Check if you can transfer your existing number.
- Look out for any call restrictions or limitations.
- Check if it has affordable paid plans.
- Understand the terms and conditions of the service.
- Test the service during any available trial period.
Can You Get Free Business VoIP Service?
Some VOIP service providers offer free plans tailored to small businesses or startups. However, it’s important to note that free business VOIP plans typically have limitations on features, call minutes, and the number of users.
Can You Get Free Personal VoIP Service?
You can get free personal VoIP service from various providers. Many VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) services offer free plans tailored for personal use, allowing you to make voice and video calls over the Internet.
What is the Least Expensive VoIP Service?
Google Voice is considered one of the least expensive VoIP services as it offers a free version for personal use, providing a local phone number and allowing users to make and receive calls.
If you’re looking for a top notch lifeline phone service, check out my article on the Best Lifeline Phone Service to find the perfect fit for your communication needs.
FAQs on Free VOIP Phone Service
The followings are the Frequently Asked Questions about Free VOIP Phone Service:
Is There a Free VoIP Service?
There are free VoIP services available. Some providers offer free plans with basic features, ideal for personal use or small communication needs.
Is VoIP cheaper than regular phones?
VoIP is more cost effective than traditional landline phones. VoIP calls utilize the internet, reducing long-distance and international call charges.
Is Google Voice a VoIP?
Google Voice is a VoIP service. It allows users to make calls over the Internet using a local phone number provided by Google.
Does Zoom Own RingCentral?
Zoom does not own RingCentral. However, RingCentral and Zoom have partnered to offer integrated communication solutions for businesses.
Free VOIP services have transformed communication, offering accessible and cost effective alternatives to traditional phone systems. These services provide a range of essential features such as voice calling, video conferencing, and messaging, making them ideal for personal use, small businesses, and startups.
While free plans may have some limitations, they still offer significant value for users looking to stay connected without the burden of hefty expenses.