I recently discovered that Asurion is providing free phones when a friend of mine got himself one.
I asked him How to Get a Free Phone from Asurion and he explained everything.
In this post, I’ll be sharing with you the steps on How to Get a Free Phone from Asurion and what to expect in the process.
How to Get a Free Phone from Asurion?
Follow these steps to get a free phone from Asurion:
- Check if you have an Asurion Protection Plan by contacting the Asurion customer service or checking your wireless carrier account.
- Call Asurion customer service or visit their website to file a claim, providing details about your phone and the damage or issue you experienced.
- Make a deductible payment after filing a claim for a replacement phone, subject to your phone type and the extent of damage or issue you are experiencing.
- After you pay the deductible, wait, as Asurion will process your claim. After considering your plan and availability, they will send you a replacement phone which may be a refurbished or new device.
- Activate your replacement phone by contacting your carrier or following the activation instructions that come with the replacement phone.
Do you know you can also get a free phone via Cloud mobile? Check my Cloud Mobile Free Phone post to discover how to do it.
What Type of Free Phone Does Asurion Offer?
Asurion offers free mobile phones like iPhones, Samsung Galaxy phones, Google Pixel phones, LG phones, Motorola phones, and more. Asurion also offers electronics like tablets, laptops, and smartwatches.
Eligibility Criteria to Get Asurion Replacement Phone
The following factors make you eligible to get a free phone from Asurion:
- You may be required to pay a deductible or fee based on your plan’s terms.
- You must file a claim with Asurion and provide all necessary documents and information to support your claim.
- You will have to return your damaged or lost phone to Asurion.
- You must have an active Asurion protection plan for your phone.
- The damage or loss of the phone must be covered under your plan.
For a free phone from the government, check my article on Motorola Free Government Phone for a step-by-step guide to acquiring one.
Documents Required to get an Asurion Free Phone
The following documents are required to get a free phone from Asurion:
- A comprehensive report describing the damage or the circumstances of the loss or theft.
- Document a relevant police or incident report.
- Identification and contact information of the person making a claim.
- Receipt or bill of sale. This serves as proof of purchase or ownership of the device.
- Documents detailing the make, model, and serial number of the damaged, lost, or stolen device.
Why Does Asurion Provide Free Phone?
Asurion provides free phones because of any of the following reasons:
- Malfunctioning phone: If a customer’s phone malfunctions due to a manufacturing defect or other issue, and they have Asurion’s protection or insurance plan, they may be eligible for a free replacement phone.
- Lost or Stolen Phone: If a customer fails his phone or it gets stolen, he is eligible for a replacement phone at no extra cost if he has Asurion’s protection or insurance plan.
- Damaged Phone: If a customer accidentally damages his phone and they have Asurion’s protection or insurance plan, they may be eligible for a free replacement phone.
- Upgrade Eligibility: Asurion may offer free phones, in some cases, to customers who are eligible for an upgrade on their protection or insurance plan.
Check out my article on Cloud Mobile Free Phone for comprehensive information on the eligibility criteria, documents required, and how you can apply for one in 2023
Conditions for How to Get a Brand New Phone from Asurion
These are the conditions to get a Brand New Phone from Asurion:
- To get a phone from Asurion, you must have experienced loss, theft, accidental damage, or mechanical failure of your phone.
- Sometimes, you may need to pay a deductible fee before receiving a replacement phone.
- You must have an active insurance plan on your device that requires replacement.
- The replacement phone provided by Asurion must meet the requirements of your insurance plan.
- Asurion must approve your claim before giving you a replacement phone.
- You may have to return your damaged or lost device to Asurion to receive a replacement phone.
- All terms and conditions of the replacement device must be agreed upon and adhered to.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The following are frequently asked questions about how to get a free phone from Asurion:
How Long Does It Take to Get a Replacement Phone from Asurion?
It takes 3-5 business days to Get a Replacement Phone from Asurion.
Is there a limit to how often I can get a free phone from Asurion?
There is a one person per phone limit to the number of times you can receive a free phone from Asurion.
Do I have to pay anything for the free Asurion phone?
A service fee of $0, $49, or $99 plus tax will be charged for each approved claim of the free Asurion phone.
Asurion gives many individuals an excellent opportunity to receive a free phone in case their phone gets damaged, stolen, or lost.
Insurance coverage with Asurion provides easy access to file a claim and get a replacement phone without paying the total price for a new device.
Asurion also provides people with a convenient and straightforward process for getting a free phone that saves time and money.
To get a free phone from Asurion, you must ensure you have insurance coverage. Once you have insurance, you can file a claim online, by phone, or through the Asurion app.
After filing your claim, you will receive a replacement phone, which can be brand new or refurbished, based on the policy and contract you have with them.
I hope you now understand How to Get a Free Phone from Asurion.