As someone who has personally received a free Motorola phone through a government assistance program, I can confirm the reliability of these devices.
In this article, I list the top 5 programs that offer the Motorola Free Government Phone in 2023 and how you can get one yourself.
What is the Motorola Free Government Phone Program?
The Motorola Free Government Phone program is the lifeline assistance program offered by the federal commission to provide free and discounted Motorola mobile phones to low-income earners.
You can participate in the Lifeline program if you are already a beneficiary of government programs like SNAP and Medicaid.
If you want a 5g enabled phone in 2023, check out this guide on how to get Free 5G Government Phones.
Top 5 Free Motorola Phone Government Programs
These are the Top 5 Free Motorola Phone Government Programs:
1. Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
The ACP program helps low-income earners and households pay for and receive a Motorola Free phone in 2023.
They offer one monthly service and a device discount per household. To be eligible for the APC program, you have to participate in government assistance programs like Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income, or SNAP.
If you however already receive lifeline benefits, you automatically become eligible for the affordable connectivity program benefits.
Check out this post to choose the Best ACP Phone.
2. Lifeline Assistance Program
Lifeline Assistance program is also offered by the federal communications commission to low-income earning citizens providing them with a free Motorola Phone.
Individuals that qualify for the Lifeline program get discounts on Motorola phones and voice broadband packages from service providers like safe link and assurance wireless.
The lifeline program is available across every state, commonwealth, and tribal land.
To participate in the Lifeline program you have to meet the federal poverty guideline or be enrolled in any government assistance program like Medicaid, federal public housing assistance, supplemental nutrition assistance program, supplemental security income, or veterans and survivors pension program.
Check this guide to find whats the Best Free Lifeline Phone.
3. HEAD START Program
This is a federal program that offers diverse services to the needy in society including the provision of Motorola Free Government Phone.
To participate in the HEADSTART program, your personal and household income should both meet the federal poverty guideline.
You can also participate in this program if you or a member of your household is a participant in any government assistance program like Medicaid.
This is a program offered by Medicaid and CHP services which are directed by the US Department of Health and human services.
While Medicaid does not directly offer free Motorola Phone from the government, being a participant in this program qualifies you to get free Motorola phones.
Check out this guide to get the Best Free Medicaid Phone.
5. Connect America Fund
this is a government program that offers subsidies to phone companies allowing them to offer their services for free or discounted rates to the needy.
The sole aim of this program is to provide phone services to low-income households. If you are a beneficiary of any government assistance program, you can benefit from this program too.
How to Apply for A Motorola Free Government Phone
Follow these steps to apply for a Motorola Free Government Phone:
- Check if you are eligible: to be eligible, your annual income must be 135% or lower of the federal poverty guideline, or be a participant in another government assistance program. Check the official national verifier website (https://nv.fcc.gov/lifeline) to verify your eligibility status.
- Choose your state from the dropdown.
- Click on Get Started.
- Provide all required Legal information in the application form.
- Upload all necessary documents that help you in qualifying for a free phone from Motorola company.
- Once your request is approved, you will have to select any network service provider that is available in your area that partners with the ACP and Lifeline program.
Eligibility Criteria to Get Motorola Free Government Phone
These are the eligibility criteria to get Motorola Free Government Phone :
- Have an income level that is below or exactly 135% of the federal poverty standard.
- Be a beneficiary of any government assistance program.
- Below above 18 to 65 years.
- You must be a resident of the states included in this program.
Required Documents for Free Motorola Phone
These are the required documents for a free Motorola phone:
- Present income statement
- Paycheck stubs
- Previous year’s federal, state, or tribal tax return
- Employee’s compensation statement of benefits
- Government approval letter
- Permanent Resident Card
- Benefit verification letter
- Birth Certificate
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number document
- A valid government, military, or Tribal ID card
- U.S. Driver’s license Passport
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship
- Government assistance program document.
What Models Are Eligible for The Motorola Free Phone Program?
Models eligible for the Motorola Free Phone program are:
1. Motorola Moto G200
The Moto G200 model offers a super smooth display, performance, and a refreshing 6.8-inch display. It also has a 5000mAh battery capacity backed up by 33w fast charge plus a 144Hz refresh rate.
2. Motorola Razr 5G
This Razr 5G model features an elegant folding design and an improved cover display. It also offers great camera quality and battery life.
3. Motorola Edge 20 Pro
The Edge 20 Pro model features a stunning 6.7-inch display screen, stereo speakers, a clean user experience, and awesome performance.
4. Moto E7i power
The Moto E7i power model offers great battery life and a sleek design alongside a lovely camera quality.
If you are interested in getting an iphone through a government program, check out my guide on free government iphone 7.
Pros and Cons of Getting a Free Motorola Government Phone
These are the Pros and Cons of Getting a Free Motorola Government Phone:
- You get free Motorola phones.
- You get free voice and data plans from the service providers.
- The application process and requirements are sometimes not as straightforward as expected.
- There is no guarantee that you will get a free Motorola phone at the end of the day.
How Do I Activate My Motorola Free Government Phone?
To activate your Motorola free government phone, follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Power on the device by pressing and holding the Power button until the Moto logo appears, then release.
- Select the appropriate language and tap START.
- If presented with the ‘Phone Activation’ screen, tap Next.
- If prompted, enter the account PIN then follow the onscreen prompts (see Account PIN FAQs for additional info).
- From the ‘Connect to Wi-Fi’ screen, select a network then enter the password.
- If you’d like to restore your info from an old device, tap Next, then follow the on-screen options. If you’d like a fresh start, tap Don’t copy.
- Sign in to your existing Google™ account or create a new one.
- From the ‘Google services’ screen, tap any of the switches to turn on Switch on or off Switch off then tap Accept (may require scrolling to the bottom).
- From the ‘Set screen lock’ screen, enter the lock code then tap Next.
- From the ‘Continue setup’ screen, tap Continue.
- From the ‘Google Assistant’ screen, tap Next.
- From the ‘Activate Voice Match’ screen, tap I agree to set up Voice Match (may require scrolling to the bottom).
- From the ‘Anything else?’ screen, tap an option or tap No thanks to skip.
- From the ‘Verizon Services’ screen, tap any of the switches to turn on Switch on or off Switch off then tap Accept.
- From the ‘Verizon Cloud’ screen, review the Terms and Conditions then tap Agree.
- From the ‘Digital Secure’ screen, review the Terms & Conditions then tap Accept.
- From the ‘Privacy & software updates’ screen, tap any of the switches to turn on Switch on or off Switch off then tap Accept & continue (may require scrolling to the bottom).
- From the ‘Ready to go!’ screen, tap Got it to complete the setup.
What should I do if I lose or break my Motorola free government phone?
If you lose or break your free phone from Motorola, you should contact your service provider as soon as possible to see if a replacement phone is available.
As you already know, you can receive a Motorola Free Government Phone if you are eligible for the Lifeline and ACP government programs. You can also qualify for a free government Motorola phone if you meet the federal poverty standard or are a participant in another government assistance program like food stamps, Medicaid, and SSI.