I was at my local cafe when an elderly gentleman next to me pulled out a sleek tablet.
“My grandson got me this,” he beamed, “It’s a Lifeline Free Tablet.”
Intrigued, I thought, “I could get this for my grandfather too.” And so I did.
In this article, I explain how I got the Lifeline Free Tablet for my grandfather and how you can do the same.
What is the Lifeline Free Tablet Offer?
The Lifeline Free Tablet Offer is a program provided by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) under the Lifeline Assistance Program through various service providers to allow eligible participants to receive a free tablet.
Curious about more from Lifeline? Check out my deep dive into the Lifeline Free 5G Phone.
How to Get the Lifeline Free Tablet
Follow these steps to get the Lifeline Free Tablet:
By applying Through a Provider:
Follow these steps to get the Lifeline Free Tablet by applying through a Provider:
- Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria. Being Lifeline eligible also makes you ACP eligible for the free tablet.
- Visit the FCC’s official list of ACP providers at.
- Look for providers in your state that offer a Lifeline Free Tablet. Providers with an “Offering free devices” indicator provide one time device discounts.
- Collect documents that prove your eligibility, identity, age, and address. You may need them during the application process.
- Go to the official website of the selected ACP provider.
- Search for the ACP application form on the provider’s website. It should be designed for Lifeline subscribers applying for the free tablet.
- Fill out the application form accurately, providing all required personal information and documentation.
- Submit the completed application form through the provider’s website.
- If your application is approved, you will receive a confirmation email within a few days.
- In cases where the service discount, if applicable, will be applied to your next bill. The Lifeline Free Tablet will be sent to you within 7 to 10 days.
Check my post on X Mobile Free Tablet for details on how to obtain a free tablet from from X Mobile.
By applying Through Government Online
Follow these steps to get the Lifeline Free Tablet by applying through Government Online:
- Ensure that you meet the Lifeline eligibility criteria.
- Go to the official ACP online application link
- On the application page, provide all required personal information and documentation accurately.
- After filling out the form, submit it online.
- You will receive a confirmation email if your application is successful.
- The service discount will likely be applied to your next bill. The free tablet or device will be dispatched to you within 7 to 10 days.
Do you know being a veteran makes you eligible for a free tablet? Check my post on Free Tablet for Veterans for a detailed guide to get it.
By applying Through Mail
Follow these steps to get the Lifeline Free Tablet by applying through mail:
- Ensure you meet the Lifeline eligibility criteria.
- Print the ACP application form in English.
- Print the Household Worksheet form
- Fill out the printed application form and provide all necessary information and documentation.
- Include all necessary documentation that proves your eligibility, identity, age, and address.
- Put the completed application form and documentation in an envelope and mail it to ACP Support Center, PO Box 7081, London, KY 40742.
- You will receive a confirmation email if your application is approved.
- Once approved, The service discount will be applied to your next bill. The free tablet or device will be sent to you within 7 to 10 days.
Gen Mobile is another provider of free tablets. Check out my post on Gen Mobile Free Tablet for details about their offer.
Top 5 Lifeline Free Tablet Providers
These are the Top 5 Lifeline Free Tablet Providers:
1. Maxsip Telecom
Maxsip Telecom has collaborated with the Lifeline program to provide complimentary tablets and discounts to eligible customers.
The initiative is active in several states, including Virginia, Tennessee, South Carolina, and more.
In addition to the free tablet, you’ll also gain access to ACP discounts for your monthly internet services.
2. Qlink Wireless
QLink Wireless extends Lifeline advantages to eligible clients. The company offers its services across several states, including Wisconsin, West Virginia, Washington, and more.
Eligible households are entitled to receive a complimentary tablet from Q Link Wireless.
Additionally, they provide free monthly phone service encompassing unlimited data, text, and talk for ACP eligible customers.
3. Stand up Wireless
StandUP Wireless is another nationwide Lifeline provider, extending discounts on devices and monthly internet services.
The provider offers various benefits when operating across multiple states, such as Wisconsin, West Virginia, Utah, and more.
These include a free tablet, a one-time discount, and a complimentary monthly service providing eligible Lifeline families free talk, text, and data.
4. Cintex Wireless
Cintex Wireless actively participates in the Lifeline program, aiming to assist customers.
This initiative spans several regions, including Wisconsin, West Virginia, Texas, Tennessee, South Carolina, Rhode Island, and others.
Cintex Wireless provides eligible customers with complimentary Lifeline tablets like the Alcatel Joy Tab.
In addition, they extend free monthly services inclusive of unlimited data, text, and talk.
5. AirTalk Wireless
AirTALK Wireless is a renowned wireless provider offering Lifeline services and their associated benefits. Their coverage spans numerous states, including Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Kentucky, Wisconsin, New York, Ohio, California, Mississippi, Michigan, and Oklahoma.
Eligible customers can obtain a complimentary Lifeline tablet from AirTALK Wireless.
Their tablet options include Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM, KonnectONE Moxee Tablet, Apple iPad Mini 2, Apple iPad Air, and Alcatel Joy Tab.
If you are confused about what is the Best Lifeline Phone Service, check out my guide on it.
These are the Eligibility Criteria to get a Lifeline Free Tablet:
- Your annual household income must not exceed 200% of the federal poverty guideline.
- You or any household member must have participated in the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).
- Any household member must have participated in a Lifeline-Qualifying assistance program, which includes various government assistance programs like Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Head Start, Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit, Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Medicaid, SNAP (Food Stamps).
- Your household must have received a federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
- Your household must have participated in U.S. Department of Agriculture Community Eligibility Provision schools, Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program, or School Breakfast Program.
You can also get a tablet from Metro PCS. My post titled Metro PCS Free Tablet contains all the information you need to get it!
These are the Documents Required to get Lifeline Free Tablet:
- Proof of Identity:
- Government issued photo ID (e.g., driver’s license, passport)
- State issued identification card
- Military ID
- Proof of Address:
- Utility bill (electricity, water, gas)
- Lease agreement or rental contract
- Mortgage statement
- Recent bank statement with address
- Proof of Income:
- Recent pay stubs
- Tax returns (previous year)
- Unemployment benefits statements
- Social Security benefits statements
- Proof of Participation in Assistance Programs:
- Medicaid enrollment letter or card
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) enrollment letter or card
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income) award letter or benefits statement
- TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) documentation
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA) documentation
- Proof of Federal Pell Grant:
- Federal Pell Grant award letter
- Proof of Participation in School Meal Programs:
- Confirmation from school or program of participation in free or reduced-price school lunch program
- Document from school or program indicating participation in School Breakfast Program
- Proof of WIC Participation:
- WIC (Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children) enrollment letter or benefits statement
- Other Documents:
- Proof of citizenship or legal residency
- Social Security cards for household members
- Birth certificates for household members
- Marriage or divorce certificates
And if you’re wondering how in the world you can score a Free Tablet along with a Phone, check my post on Free Tablet with Phone to discover how to go about it.
Tablet Models Offered for Free Through Lifeline
These are the Tablet Models Offered for Free through Lifeline:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 2 8″ Ruggedized Tablet, Black
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7
- Vortex tablet
- Sunshine T1
- Alcatel Joy Tab
- Lenovo Tab 5
- Google Chromebook
- 2020 Apple iPad: Space Gray (8th generation)
- Apple 12.9 inch iPad Pro 2021: Space Gray
- Fire HD 10 Tablet + Amazon Standing Case
- Lenovo Tab M10 Plus Tablet
- LG G Pad 5, 4GB LTE Unlocked Tablet
- New Microsoft Surface Go 2, Platinum
The Seniors are not left out. If you are a senior and need a tablet, you can get one from T Mobile. Check out my post on T Mobile Free Tablet for Seniors for a step by step guide on how to go about it
Lifeline Free Tablet Model Comparison Table
This table compares the Lifeline Free Tablet Models:
|Tablet Model||Operating System||Screen Size||Processor||Storage||Camera||Connectivity||Battery Capacity||Special Features|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 2 8″||Android||8 inches||Octa core||16GB||8MP rear||4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth||4,450 mAh||Ruggedized design, S Pen compatibility|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab S7||Android||11 inches||Octa core||128GB / 256GB||13MP + 5MP||5G, WiFi, Bluetooth||8,000 mAh||S Pen compatibility, DeX mode|
|Vortex tablet||Android||7 inches||Quad core||8GB||5MP rear||4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth||2,500 mAh||Compact size|
|Sunshine T1||Android||7 inches||Quad core||8GB||2MP rear||4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth||2,700 mAh||Compact design|
|Alcatel Joy Tab||Android||8 inches||Quad core||16GB||5MP rear||4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth||4,000 mAh||Cellular connectivity|
|Lenovo Tab 5||Android||10.1 inches||Quad core||16GB / 32GB||5MP rear||WiFi, Bluetooth||4,850 mAh||Family friendly mode, Dolby Atmos audio|
|Google Chromebook||Chrome OS||12.3 inches||Intel Celeron||32GB / 64GB||Front camera||WiFi, Bluetooth||Laptop tablet hybrid, Chrome OS|
|2020 Apple iPad; Space Gray (8th gen.)||iOS||10.2 inches||A12 Bionic chip||32GB / 128GB||8MP rear||Front Camera||8,827 mAh||Apple Pencil compatibility, iOS ecosystem|
|Apple 12.9 inch iPad Pro 2021 Space Gray||iOS||12.9 inches||M1 chip||128GB / 256GB||12MP + 10MP||5G, Wi Fi, Bluetooth||ProMotion display, Apple Pencil support|
|Fire HD 10 Tablet + Amazon Standing Case||Fire OS||10.1 inches||Octa core||32GB / 64GB||2MP front||WiFi, Bluetooth||6,150 mAh||Amazon ecosystem, hands free Alexa|
|Lenovo Tab M10 Plus Tablet||Android||10.3 inches||Octa core||32GB / 64GB||8MP rear||WiFi, Bluetooth||5,000 mAh||Modern design, dual speakers|
|LG G Pad 5 4GB LTE Unlocked Tablet||Android||10.1 inches||Octa core||32GB||5MP rear||4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth||8,200 mAh||LTE connectivity, multitasking support|
|New Microsoft Surface Go 2; Platinum||Windows 10||10.5 inches||Intel Pentium Gold||64GB / 128GB||5MP front||WiFi, Bluetooth||8,000 mAh||Windows compatibility, Surface Pen|
How to Choose the Best Free Lifeline Tablet
Follow these steps to choose the best free Lifeline tablet:
- Decide between Android, iOS, or other options like Chrome OS or Fire OS based on your familiarity and app preferences.
- Consider your usage; larger screens are better for multitasking and media consumption, while smaller screens offer portability.
- Look for tablets with at least a quad core processor for smooth performance in daily tasks and apps.
- Choose a tablet with adequate storage (32GB or more) if you plan to store media and apps locally.
- Opt for tablets with 4G or 5G capabilities if you need cellular connectivity. Otherwise, WiFi only tablets are suitable.
- Check the camera quality if you plan to use it for video calls or photography.
- Consider tablets with longer battery life, especially if you use them extensively throughout the day.
- Check for special features like stylus support (Apple Pencil or others), laptop tablet hybrids, or compatibility with specific ecosystems (Apple, Amazon, etc.).
- Consider the brand reputation.
- Read user and expert reviews to gather insights into real world performance and user satisfaction.
- Consider how you’ll use the tablet; for work, entertainment, education, or a mix. This will guide your choice in terms of specifications.
- Look for tablets with recent hardware and software to ensure they remain relevant for longer.
- Check if the tablet is available in your area and under the Lifeline program.
- Consider tablets that come with accessories like cases, stands, or keyboards.
- While the tablets are free, consider any additional costs, like cellular plans or accessories.
- Research the tablet manufacturer’s customer support reputation to ensure prompt assistance if you encounter any issues.
Check out our guide on Free Lifeline Phone Service Providers to explore other amazing offerings.
Benefits of Getting a Free Tablet from Lifeline
These are the benefits of getting a Free Tablet from Lifeline:
- Tablets help you learn new things and have fun online.
- You can talk to your family and friends using messages and video calls.
- A tablet helps you search and apply online if you’re looking for a job.
- You can watch movies, listen to music, and play games on a tablet.
- You can use a tablet for reading and studying if you’re in school.
- You can use the tablet for banking and paying bills.
- If there’s an emergency, a tablet gives you updates and helps you call for help.
- Tablets are easy to use, even if you’re older or have trouble with technology.
- You can learn new languages with apps on a tablet.
- Tablets are portable and be carried about easily.
FAQs on Lifeline Free Tablet
These are the Frequently Asked Questions about Lifeline Free Tablet:
Can I keep the tablet permanently, or is it a loan or rental?
You can keep the tablet permanently. It’s not a loan or rental
Are there any hidden costs associated with receiving a free tablet?
There are no hidden costs. The tablet is provided to eligible applicants for free, and there are no hidden fees.
Can I get a tablet if I already receive Lifeline assistance for phone services?
If you already receive Lifeline assistance for phone services, you are also eligible to receive a free tablet.
Is the Lifeline Free Tablet offer available nationwide?
The Lifeline Free Tablet offer is available in most states across the country.
Can I choose the type of tablet I receive through the Lifeline program?
You can choose the type of tablet from the available models offered by the provider you are applying through.
Lifeline Free Tablet program offers an excellent opportunity for eligible individuals and households to access free tablets with various models and features.
With the goal of bridging the digital divide, this program provides essential tools for communication, education, work, and entertainment. The Lifeline program ensures that qualifying individuals can enjoy the benefits of connectivity without the burden of high costs.