Losing my Assurance Wireless phone was a nightmare, but getting an online replacement was a relief.
I recall the sinking feeling of realizing my phone was gone, instantly replaced with anxiety over the potential hassles to come.
Would I have to navigate a complex process? Well, let me assure you, it was nothing like that.
In this article, I’ll be sharing my personal experience and details about how to get an Assurance Wireless Phone Replacement.
What is the Assurance Wireless Phone Replacement Offer?
Assurance Wireless offers a one-year warranty on all their phones. Therefore, they will completely cover any charge required to repair the damage on your phone within this timeline.
Did you know you could also get a tablet from them? Check out this article on Assurance Wireless EBB Tablet.
How to Apply for Assurance Wireless Phone Replacement
Follow these steps to get Assurance Wireless Phone Replacement:
- Contact the customer care team at 1-888-321-5880 if you need a guide on replacing it.
- Prepare a report comprehensively and check your remaining assurance wireless lifeline account.
- Note that, as a replacement phone, Assurance Wireless will not give you the exact model you used. But, a replacement model which works like your previous phone.
- Visit mobile.virginmedia.com/ecare/login and log into your account.
- Fill out an application form with your ingoing and enter your ZIP code. Ensure your information is correct.
- Submit the application form via assurance email or fax.
To ensure compatibility with your new device, you can use the Assurance Wireless Phone Compatibility Checker Tool.
Assurance Wireless Phone Replacement Fee
The replacement phone fee for Assurance Wireless is $25, and the shipping fee is $10.
Explanation of The Issue: Assurance Wireless Broken Phone Replacement Online
If your Assurance wireless phone breaks within the first year, call their customer care at 1-888-321-5880. Generally, your Assurance Wireless phone comes with a one-year warranty from the original phone manufacturer.
So they will arrange for a replacement for your broken phone. However, after the first year, you must pay a phone replacement fee to get an Assurance Wireless Broken Phone Replacement.
The Assurance Wireless phone replacement online is urgent as they understand the need for you to remain connected to your friends and family.
If you want a free phone instead of replacing the current one, check out our guide comparing the Best Free Government Cell Phone.
Eligibility for Assurance Wireless Broken Phone Replacement
These are the eligibility criteria to get an Assurance Wireless Broken Phone Replacement:
Who Qualifies for A Replacement Phone?
- If you are a beneficiary of any government assistance program such as supplemental nutrition assistance program (SNAP), Medicaid, or SSI.
- If your household income is less than 135 of the federal poverty level.
- A recipient of Assurance wireless free phones.
How to Determine If You Qualify?
You can contact the assurance customer care to help you verify if you qualify. Also if your phone is still within the one-year’s warranty, you qualify for a free Assurance wireless Broken phone replacement
Required Documentation for Assurance Wireless Phone Replacement Online
These are the documents that will be required to get an Assurance Wireless Phone Replacement Online:
- Assurance wireless phone invoice/ receipt
- Most current tax returns.
- Copy of your birth certificate
- Passport photograph
- Current income statement from your employer.
- Certification of US citizenship
- Proof of income
- Copy of statement of benefit.
The iPhone 11 is currently the most popular phone the government offers for free. Check out our free government iphone 11 guide to learn more.
How to Request an Assurance Wireless Phone Replacement Online
Follow these steps to request an Assurance Wireless phone replacement online:
- Contact customer service at Assurance Wireless: You can reach the customer care department by calling 888-321-5880 or via email at [email protected]
- Report your broken phone: Draft a full report of the events surrounding your broken phone. Leave no detail out and ensure it is accurate.
- Fill out an application for a replacement phone: To do this, follow the guide given to you by the customer care department or the prompts on the site. Your assurance Wireless number will be requested (10 digits)
- Choose a new phone: Assurance Wireless makes available various replacement options. You can pick any that suits your requirements.
- Submit your application and wait for your replacement phone. You can also visit the nearest Assurance wireless office to apply for a replacement phone.
Contact information for Assurance Wireless Support Team
You can contact Assurance Wireless by calling 888-321-5880 or through their support email.
Timeline for Assurance Wireless Broken Phone Replacement
The timeline for Assurance Wireless Broken Phone Replacement is one year from the day you received the phone. After this timeline, you will have to pay for replacement chargers to get a new phone.
Cost of Assurance Wireless Broken Phone Replacement
The cost of assurance Wireless Broken Phone Replacement is $25 with a shipping fee of $10, making it a total of $35. However, if the Assurance Wireless phone breaks within the first year of its being issued, the company will completely cover the cost.
Comparison with Other Replacement Options
This table compares Assurance Wireless Broken Phone Replacement options to other service replacement options:
|Cost of Broken Phone Replacement
|Customer Care Contact
|Timeline for Free Broken Phone Replacement
FAQs on Assurance Wireless Phone Replacement
These are the most frequently asked questions on Assurance Wireless Phone Replacement:
How can I request a replacement phone from Assurance Wireless?
To request a replacement phone, contact Assurance Wireless Customer Service at 1-888-321-5880.
What happens if I find my lost phone after receiving the Assurance Wireless Phone Replacement?
If you find your lost phone after receiving a replacement, the original phone will be deactivated and can’t be reactivated.
What should I do if my replacement phone from Assurance Wireless is defective?
If your replacement phone is defective, contact Assurance Wireless Customer Service immediately. They will help you resolve the issue.
With the proper guidance, you can get your Assurance Wireless Phone Replacement in no time, and they will take care of all replacement charges within the first year of the phone, after which you will be requested to pay a $20 replacement charge.
To qualify for an Assurance Wireless broken phone upgrade, you would have to have an income below or at the 135 federal poverty guideline or be a participant in any government assistance program. You will also have to be a recipient of an Assurance Wireless Free phone. Note that documents showing proof that your broken phone was issued by Assurance Wireless will be requested during your application for a broken phone replacement.