My tablet took a nosedive while unpacking after a holiday, leaving me stranded for online classes with no backup and a tight budget.
Thankfully, my friend suggested I get a free tablet from the state!
With her guidance, I snagged a brand-new tablet without spending a dime.
So, If you live in Connecticut like me, check out how to get a Free State Tablet CT.
What is the Free State Tablet CT Program?
The free state tablet CT program is an initiative powered by the government through which individuals and households residing in Connecticut can get tablets at no cost.
If you are on a tight budget, refer to my post on Free Tablet for Low Income.
Top 5 Free State Tablet CT Providers
These are the top 5 providers of the Free State Tablet CT:
1. Airtalk Wireless
Airtalk Wireless, a service provider dedicated to providing quality and affordable services and devices to their customers, is one of the participating providers in this program.
Customers who participate in government assistance programs may be qualified to receive a tablet for free under this program.
Airtalk Wireless also provides a free phone to eligible individuals! Check my post on Airtalk Wireless Free Phone for details about their offering and how to get it.
2. Easy Wireless
Easy Wireless could be a good option if you’re looking for a way to get a tablet at little or no cost.
As part of its participation in government assistance programs, it offers free tablets to eligible individuals.
For as low as $10, qualifying individuals can get a quality tablet from Easy Wireless under this program.
You can also get a phone from this provider. Check out how you can get Easy Wireless Free Phone.
3. Cintex Wireless
Cintex Wireless is one of the top internet service providers in the USA.
In addition to providing affordable and quality phone service, it is committed to making technology devices available for low income individuals.
Through this program, eligible customers can get a free or low cost tablet by participating in qualifying government assistance programs.
Looking for a free iPhone instead? Check out how to get a Cintex Wireless Free iPhone.
4. Q Link Wireless
Q Link Wireless offers free smartphones, tablets, and phone services to eligible participants of government assistance programs.
Q Link Wireless offers a variety of tablet devices for as low as $10 under the free state tablet CT program to bridge the digital divide and enhance productivity among low income individuals.
For details on how to get one from this company, check my post on QLink Free Tablet.
5. Assurance Wireless
As one of the participating providers in government assistance programs like Lifeline and ACP, Assurance Wireless offers free smartphones, phone services, and tablets to qualifying individuals who also participate in government assistance programs.
Check out my post on Assurance Wireless EBB Tablet to learn how to get it.
How to get Free State Tablet CT
Follow these steps to get the free state tablet CT:
- Research the participating providers in this program and choose the best for you.
- Check the eligibility criteria and ensure that you meet them.
- Collect the necessary documents that validate your eligibility.
- Select your mode of application. You can apply:
- Online: This can be done by visiting the official website of your chosen provider and following the on-screen prompts to apply.
- In Person: You can do this by visiting the nearest store of your chosen provider with the required documents and completing your application.
- Fill the provided form with the required information and attach the necessary documents.
- Step 6: Submit them and wait for approval.
Do you know that being covered under Medicaid qualifies you for a free tablet? Check out my post on Free Tablet Medicaid to learn more.
These are the eligibility criteria for the free state tablet CT offer:
- Residency in Connecticut.
- A household income equal to or less than 135% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- Participation in any of the government assistance programs such as:
- Lifeline Assistance Program
- Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit Programs
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA), etc.
These are the required documents for the free state tablet CT offer:
- Driver’s license
- Utility bill
- State-issued ID card
- Social Security Card
- Pay Stubs
- Certificate of participation in government assistance program
- Tax return
- W-2 form
Top 5 Free Tablet Models in Connecticut
These are the top 5 free tablet models in Connecticut:
1. Scepter 8 (2nd Gen)
The Scepter 8 (2nd gen) tablet boasts an 8-inch display suitable for browsing and media consumption.
It is powered by a quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU and 2 GB RAM.
Also, Its Imagination PowerVR GE8300 GPU offers decent graphics performance and the 3,500 mAh battery provides moderate usage time.
Check out my thoughts in my Scepter 8 tablet review article.
2. Amazon Fire HD 10
The Amazon Fire HD 10 tablet features a 10.1″ display with a crisp 1920×1200 pixel resolution, ensuring a quality display for your content.
Its 2MP front and 5MP rear cameras offer basic photography capabilities, while the 3GB RAM allows smoother multitasking and app performance, enhancing the overall usability of the device.
3. Apple iPad Air 2
The Apple iPad Air 2 features a 9.7-inch Retina display with a resolution of 2048×1536 pixels, ensuring sharp and detailed visuals. It’s equipped with an 8MP rear camera capable of recording 1080p videos.
Additionally, the Apple iPad Air 2 is powered by an Apple A8X processor with 2GB RAM which delivers a smooth and reliable performance across various tasks. The 7340mAh Li-Po battery provides decent usage time.
4. Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 sports has a 9.7-inch display with a resolution of 1536 x 2048 pixels, ensuring clear and detailed visuals.
It features a 13MP rear camera capable of taking decent photos and recording in 4K resolution.
In addition to its 4GB of RAM and a Snapdragon 820 processor, it offers smooth multitasking and adequate performance for everyday tasks. Its 6000mAh Li-Po battery provides moderate usage time.
5. Samsung Galaxy Tab S4
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 features a 10.5-inch display with a high resolution of 1600×2560 pixels, ensuring sharp visuals.
Its 13MP rear camera captures detailed images and videos in 2160p.
Powered by a Snapdragon 835 processor and available in 4GB or 6GB RAM configurations, it delivers swift performance for multitasking.
Free State Tablet CT Comparison Table
This table compares the top 5 tablet models offered under the free state tablet CT program:
|Amazon Fire HD 10
|iPad Air 2
|Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
|Quad-core ARM Cortex-A53
|Octa-core 4×2.0 GHz Cortex A73 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex A53
|Triple-core 1.5 GHz Typhoon
|Quad-core (2×2.15 GHz Kryo & 2×1.6 GHz Kryo)
|Android 9.0Fire OS 7
|iOS 8.1 upgradable to iPadOS 15.7
|Android 7.0 upgradable to Android 9.0
|8.0″ multi touch capacitive 800×1280
|10.1″ IPS LCD 1920×1200
|9.7″ IPS LCD1536×2048
|9.7 super AMOLED 1536×2048
|0.3MP front2MP rear
|2MP front5MP rear
|1.2MP front8MP rear
|5MP front13MP rear
|32GB – 64GB
|16GB – 128GB
|32GB & 128GB
How much are SNAP benefits in CT?
The amount of SNAP benefits in CT depends on the number of persons in a household. Here is the amount each low income household is entitled to:
- A household of 1 person is entitled to $291.
- A household of 2 people is entitled to $535.
- A household of 3 people is entitled to $766.
- A household of 4 people is entitled to $973.
- A household of 5 people is entitled to $1,155.
- A household of 6 people is entitled to $1,386.
- A household of 7 people is entitled to $1,532.
Benefits of Getting a Free State Tablet in Connecticut
These are the benefits of getting a free state tablet in Connecticut:
- It helps to save money by eliminating the cost of purchasing a new device.
- It bridges the digital divide by enabling low income individuals to have access to technology devices.
- It enhances productivity by enabling them to carry out activities on a larger screen.
- It comes with features that enhance education, entertainment and information.
FAQ on Free State Tablet CT
Is there a cost associated with getting a Free State Tablet in Connecticut?
Usually, a fee of not less than $10 applies to getting a free state tablet in Connecticut.
Are there any special features or educational software installed on these tablets?
The free state tablets come preloaded with educational apps and materials.
Where can I find more information about the Free State Tablet CT program or how to get involved?
You can get more information on Connecticut’s official website at portal.ct.gov
The free state tablet CT program is aimed at bridging the digital gap by making technology accessible to low income individuals to enable them to stay connected with loved ones.
If you’re looking for a way to get a free tablet, take advantage of this program now and save some extra bucks.