My grandmother is a wonderful woman who has always been fiercely independent.
But as she’s gotten older, it’s become clear that staying connected with loved ones has become a bit of a challenge.
She’s never been the most tech-savvy person, so the idea of using a smartphone was completely out of the question.
That’s when I remembered hearing about the Free Jitterbug Phone for Seniors.
In this blog post, I’ll share my experience and help others understand why the Free Jitterbug Phone for Seniors is a perfect solution for them.
How to Get a Free Jitterbug Phone for Seniors
Follow these steps to get a Free Jitterbug Phone for Seniors:
- Make sure that you qualify for the Lifeline government assistance program.
- Gather all documentation that proves your Lifeline eligibility
- Visit the Lifeline official website.
- Locate the section for applying for a Jitterbug phone.
- Fill out the form provided.
- Submit your form and wait for their response.
Are you a Senior who lives in California and need a free phone? Check out my post on Free Phones for Seniors in California.
What is the Best Jitterbug phone?
The Jitterbug Smart2 is the best jitterbug phone because it features an easy to use and intuitive interface, a large touchscreen display, long battery life, a great camera, internet access, and various apps.
Who Sells Jitterbug Phones for Seniors?
Licensed phone outlets sell Jitterbug phones for seniors, including Amazon and eBay.
Eligibility Criteria for Free Jitterbug Phone for Seniors
These are the eligibility criteria to qualify for Free Jitterbug Phone for Seniors:
- Your household income has to be at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- You or any other member of your family must be a participant in at least one government assistance program like Medicaid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA), Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit, Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations.
If you are on Medicare and need a free phone, check my Free Phones for Seniors on Medicare post for the top five picks and programs.
These are the documents required when applying for Free Jitterbug Phone For Seniors:
- Previous year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return
- Present income statement from your employer
- Paycheck stubs
- Unemployment or Workers’ Compensation statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit verification letter
- Government, military, state, or Tribal ID
- Government assistance program document
- Birth certificate
- Driver’s license
- Social Security card
- Last year’s tax return or W-2
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship or Naturalization
- Present utility bill
- Present income statement, such as a paystub
What are the Benefits of Free Jitterbug Phone for Seniors?
These are the benefits of Free Jitterbug Phone for Seniors:
- Free Jitterbug Phone for Seniors provides an affordable option for seniors with limited financial resources.
- The Jitterbug phone has an easy to use interface, which makes it very useful for seniors.
- The Jitterbug phone offers safety features like emergency buttons, GPS tracking, and 24/7 access to a medical alert service.
- Jitterbug phone helps with the health management of seniors by providing medication reminders and wellness calls.
Top 5 Best Jitterbug Phones for Seniors
The top 5 best Jitterbug phones for seniors are:
- Jitterbug Flip: The Jitterbug Flip has a large display screen and big buttons, making it easy to read and navigate. It also has an emergency button that can connect the user with an urgent Response agent for help.
- Jitterbug Smart2: The Jitterbug Smart2 is a smartphone designed with seniors in mind. It features an intuitive and simple interface, a large touchscreen display, and long battery life. It can access the internet and use a variety of apps.
- Jitterbug Smart3: The Jitterbug Smart3 comes with more enhanced features than the Jitterbug Smart2, which includes improved camera quality, more storage space, and a faster processor.
- Jitterbug J: The Jitterbug J is a flip phone with a simple design and easy to use features. It has a large display screen and buttons, a long battery life, a camera, and an emergency button.
- Jitterbug Plus: The Jitterbug Plus is a compact flip phone that is easy to use. Like the Jitterbug J, It has a large display screen, buttons, and a long battery life. It also has an emergency button and a camera.
Do you know you can also get a free cell phone as a Senior? Check out my AARP Cell Phones for Seniors for the top picks and to see if you are eligible.
Factors to Consider when Choosing a Jitterbug Phone for Seniors
These are the Factors to consider when selecting a Jitterbug Phone for seniors:
- Easy to use: The phone should be easy to navigate, with easy-to-read and large buttons and a clear display. The interface should also be straightforward and intuitive.
- Durability: The phone should be able to withstand drops and other accidents.
- Battery life: The battery life should be long enough to last through the day.
- Call quality: The phone should have good call quality, with reduced background interference.
- Emergency features: The phone should feature easy-to-use emergency options like a dedicated button for calling 911.
Comparison of The Best Jitterbug Phone Models
This table compares the best Jitterbug Phone models:
|Phones||Display||Camera||Battery life||Extra Features|
|Jitterbug Flip||3.2-inch, 480-by-320 color display||2 megapixels||10 hours||Hearing aid Compatible|
GreatCall Link app for caregivers to stay connected with the user
|Jitterbug Smart2||5.5 inches||Rear camera:13.0 MP|
Front camera:5.0 MP
|12 hours||Access to the internet and various apps|
GreatCall Link app for caregivers.
|Jitterbug Smart3||6.2 inches||Rear camera:13.0 MP|
Front camera:5.0 MP
|22 hours||Hearing aid compatible|
Access to the internet and various apps
|Jitterbug J||176 x 220 px (2.10 inches)||No camera||4 hours 12 minutes||Hearing aid Compatible|
|Jitterbug Plus||LCD display – 240 x 320 pixels||1.3 megapixels||8 hours||Hearing aid compatible|
GreatCall Link app
If you are elderly with age of 60 years or above, check out this post to get Free Stuff for Seniors Over 60.
Frequently Asked Questions
These are the frequently asked about the Free Jitterbug Phone for Seniors:
Is Jitterbug a Good Phone for Seniors?
Yes, jitterbug is a good phone for seniors because it offers easy to use features in addition to emergency options like a dedicated button for 911, amongst other unique features.
What Is the Difference Between the Jitterbug Flip and The Jitterbug Smart2?
Jitterbug Smart 2 is a smartphone that can be navigated by touching the screen while the Jitterbug flip is a flip phone with big buttons and a large screen.
Jitterbug phones are the best for seniors with their easy to use features, emergency options, and other additional options like text messaging, camera, or internet access.
Free Jitterbug Phone for Seniors is available for all eligible seniors who are either participants of lifeline, have an income level below the federal poverty standards, or are already a participant in any qualifying Government Assistance Program.